PLEASE REVIEW THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY PRIOR TO USING THIS SITE. BY USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
Do Not respond directly to, or 'click' on any e-mail links sent from what appears to be Tack-it. Tack-it will not at any time request information from its users via e-mail. Visit Tack-it directly to make changes or access your account.
Keep it Clean - Family friendly photos and language.
Keep it Honest - Interact with other users honestly.
Keep it Safe - Use common sense with all interactions.
Terms & Conditions
Tack-it has established the following guidelines to ensure the quality of this site and the services provided. Please remember that classified, merchant, charity
and sponsor ads are posted by users, and not by Tack-it. Each user is solely responsible for all aspects of their transactions in which they choose to participate. All transactions conducted on Tack-it must be consistent with any applicable laws and with Tack-it's guidelines and Terms & Conditions.
Tack-it reserves the right to reject and/or remove any classified
posting that is not consistent with the letter or character of Tack-it's policies, guidelines, or the law. Please review the guidelines herein and make certain that all transactions and interactions you conduct fully comply.
Tack-it provides a platform for users to connect with one another for the purpose of buying, selling, trading goods and services. Tack-it does not participate in, nor is it a party to, any posting or transaction. Tack-it does not screen or control users who may buy, sell, trade, or post on Tack-it, nor does Tack-it review or authenticate any classified ads, items, services offered for sale or trade, or sponsor advertisement. Therefore, users of this service should be aware that:
Sellers and buyers are completely responsible for working out the sale and exchange of goods or services.
Sellers and buyers must resolve any disputes that may arise from classified ad transactions. It is important to use care throughout your dealings with other people on Tack-it.
Sellers and buyers are responsible for researching and complying with any applicable laws, regulations and/or restrictions on items, services, or manner of sale or exchange that may pertain to transactions in which they participate.
Sellers and buyers are responsible for all applicable taxes and for all costs incurred by participating in Tack-it classified ads.
Tack-it provides marketing/advertisement space for local, regional, and national advertising of products, services, and organizational information as a platform for community business (sponsors) to connect with users of Tack-it. Tack-it does not endorse any product or service being advertised. Tack-it does not screen or control advertisers, nor does Tack-it review or authenticate any items, or services offered by such advertisements. Therefore, users of this service should be aware, and use ample caution.
Tack-it is not intended for users under the age of 13 (or under the age of 18 pertaining to the 'Personals' section). Tack-it does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 18. Those users between the ages of 13 and 18 must be supervised by a legal guardian or parent when using this service. Any user under the age of 18 is expressly prohibited from submitting their personally identifiable information to us, and from using our services. Any information submitted by such users will not knowingly be used, posted, or retained by us.
Classified/Posting User Restrictions
- Individual User -
Tack-it provides this platform for users to connect with one another for the purpose of buying, selling, trading goods and services and sharing local
photos. Any individual that is not representing a business, may register and use this posting service to the extent that that your activities follow all guidelines, Terms & Conditions, and policies throughout this site.
- Business User -
Businesses are encouraged and allowed to use Tack-it classified posting services. Tack-it requires that any business using these classified posting services follow all guidelines, Terms & Conditions, and policies throughout this site, IN ADDITION TO:
Your user account must identify your postings as being offered by a business or organization.
Your posting must only offer a single specific item, product, or service. No multiple quantities allowed.
Any photo included in the posting must represent the specific item, product, or service. You may NOT at any time load a business logo, storefront image, or similar. If you wish to have your business logo or establishment advertised more directly, we encourage you to consider opening a Sponsor Account.
If you intend to use Tack-it posting services for both personal and business related purposes, you will need to register two separate user accounts.
Passwords/Account/Postings. You are solely responsible for actions taken under your account number, posting(s), and password and should not disclose it to anyone. Do not use your account for any unauthorized purpose.
Fraud. You may not use or manipulate this service for any fraudulent activity or purpose, including collecting payment from buyers and not providing the product and/or service purchased, or filing false claims for insurance payments.
Interference. You may not SPAM our system and/or impose an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our system. You may not put any material on Tack-it that contains any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, secretly intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information. You may not solicit Tack-it users to post classified ads on other sites.
E-mail. Do Not respond directly to, or 'click' on any e-mail hyperlinks sent from what appears to be Tack-it. Tack-it does not participate in e-mail marketing containing hyperlinks. Tack-it will not at any time request information from its users via e-mail. Visit Tack-it directly to make changes to, or to access your account. Tack-it does not sell or trade user information.
Users of Tack-it will have the option to provide an e-mail address to be used for contact purposes by other users of Tack-it. E-mail addresses will not be visible to other users. Initial contact to user postings will be completed using a pre-formatted form, then sent directly to the appropriate user. It is then the user's discretion to provide any further information and/or communication.
Selling, Buying, Posting
All sellers, buyers, and users must:
Comply with applicable laws. You may not offer for sale, trade or sell any item or service to any buyer in any jurisdiction where the item, service, or terms of the sale violate applicable laws or regulations. You also may not offer for sale or trade any item or service that violates Tack-it's Terms & Conditions or policies as described herein and below in Prohibited Items and Services.
Provide accurate information. You must accurately describe the item or service you are posting. You may not include any language in your classified ad, including the ad title, which may confuse potential buyers or cause your ad to be included in search results in which it does not represent.
Place item in the appropriate category. You must list your item in the most appropriate category. Each item can only be listed in one category.
Avoid inappropriate ad content. You may not link to, post, or include advertisements for goods or other materials that: (a) describe items or services that you are not selling in Tack-it's classified ads, or (b) you do not have the authority to link to or include. You also may not include any content or images in your ad that are obscene, offensive, harmful to minors, invasive of anyone's privacy, unlawful, or otherwise inappropriate.
Have the rights to and possession of item. You may not offer any item for sale that is not in your possession, you do not have the right to sell, or that does not exist at the time of the posting.
Have the licensing to perform any posted service. You may not offer any service for sale that you are not properly licensed or insured for within the state, region, or country to be performed.
Not post classified ads containing foul language or inappropriate images / photos.
Uploading Photos / Content
By uploading content you hereby declare that you are personally responsible for what you upload and release Tack-it from any liabilities and responsibilities related to your upload. Tack-it is just hosting your upload.
By uploading your photo content, you certify that it is free from any copyrights and trademarks. If you are a copyright holder you hereby release any such copyrights to Tack-it. All uploaded photos must NOT contain;
A: Profanity words or imply profanity by using gestures,
B: Adult content, porn or not safe for children images,
C: Pictures of tattoo, body piercing and other forms of body art,
D: Hatred or imply hatred to any group or ethnicity,
E: Discriminatory content in any way,
F: Any content that violates any US laws including copyrights.
Tack-it reserves the right to delete any content deemed unacceptable and reserves the right to determine what content is acceptable even if you uploaded content that you believe complies with the upload policy. Any content that turns out to be copyright protected will be deleted as soon as Tack-it learns of it.
Tack-it reserves the right to terminate any user account for policy violations or for uploading copyright protected images.
Prohibited Items and Services
It is the responsibility of both the seller and the buyer to ensure that the items or services listed for sale or trade and purchased by users are appropriate for sale under all applicable laws and regulations. You may not sell, trade, give away, or buy the following items or services under any circumstances:
- Any item or service that is harmful to minors, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- Illegal weapons and related accessories, including the following:
- Firearms, ammunition, and silencers that do not comply with local, state, or federal regulations and laws. Be certain to follow all local, state, and federal regulations and laws when selling and/or purchasing any weapon.
- Switchblade knives and accessories.
- Explosive devices and accessories.
- Cigarettes, alcohol, illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia (including items to grow, manufacture, or distribute the same), prescription drugs, and medical devices, including any medical device that requires fitting by a certified practitioner or licensed seller.
- Any item that violates any U.S. export law or regulation, including any items subject to the terms of the U.S. embargoes.
- Any item that infringes the rights of a third party, including items that violate copyrights, trademarks, publicity, or privacy rights of third parties. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Unauthorized copies of software, music, video games, movies, photos, or other media.
- Unauthorized recordings of concerts, movies, or other performances.
- Sale of back-up copies of software.
- Any item that is counterfeit or stolen, including items that are:
- "Replicas," "knock-offs," in the same "style" as, or "fake" versions of a name brand product.
- Counterfeit, or for the purpose of producing counterfeit, currency, stamps, government identification.
- Inauthentic sports collectibles, celebrity autographs, or otherwise inauthentic versions of memorabilia or other items with inauthentic signatures.
- Any item for gaining unauthorized entry to a place or vehicle including lock-picking devices, vehicle master keys, and other devices.
- Any item that promotes, glorifies, or is directly associated with groups or individuals known principally for hateful or violent positions or acts, such as Nazis or the Ku Klux Klan. Official government-issue stamps and coins are not prohibited under this policy.
- Any animal items that are subject to regulations or laws for the protection of live animals, including endangered species and domesticated animals, as well as any products made from or including any parts of an animal protected by law or regulation.
- Any item that has been the subject of a product recall by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, other government agency, or product manufacturer.
- Any item used for hacking, intercepting, jamming, descrambling, or otherwise obtaining unauthorized access to wire, electronic, or other types of communications.
- Bodies, body parts, bodily fluids. For example: cadavers, organs, "clean" urine for drug tests, sperm, eggs, blood, breast milk.
- Fireworks, explosives, or any hazardous material or restricted chemical.
- Government-issued identification documents, whether authentic or counterfeit (e.g., fake IDs for age verification, fake government credentials, passports, green cards, birth certificates), police badges or insignia, and any other law enforcement items (e.g., FBI identification cards, badges, uniforms, flashing lights/sirens, etc.) generally restricted for sale under federal and state law.
- Stocks and securities.
- Gambling items (lottery tickets, sweepstakes, pyramid schemes, grab bags, raffles, slot machines, etc.).
- Individual contracts, services, and any item that is non-transferable.
- Event tickets.
- Non-packaged food items and other food or beverage items sold in a manner inconsistent with federal, state, provincial, or legal regulations.
- Any used goods not appropriate for resale for safety, health, or other reasons, including any clothing items that have not been appropriately cleaned (e.g., used underwear).
- Any items or services that are "adult oriented" in nature or marketed in an objectionable manner.
- Any other item or service that violates any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation or which Tack-it determines, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate for sale or trade through the services provided.
Firearms that do not fall within the above restrictions and are sold in accordance to all local, state, and federal laws, may be posted within the appropriate category. Confirm the laws, protect yourself, and contact your local authorities before selling or buying any firearm. Local law enforcement authorities are always happy to answer questions.
make sure you obey the law when conducting advertising or conducting a firearms sale.
Federal law allows the sale of a long gun or a handgun between private parties of the same state as long as the purchaser is 18 years of age AND are eligible to own firearms under the Gun Control Act of 1968. An individual who does not possess a federal firearms license may NOT sell a modern firearm to a resident of another state without first transferring the firearm to a dealer in the purchaser's state. Antique firearms are exempt from these sections of the law in most states. (Antique firearms are defined as those manufactured pre-1899 by US federal law, or modern replicas thereof that do not use cartridges. State law definitions on antique firearms vary considerably from state to state.)
Tack-it encourages you to post classifieds and news articles as long as they are not duplicates or other forms of spam, or otherwise inconsistent with the Tack-it Terms & Conditions and/or any set guidelines herein. Tack-it may at any time take action to delete any posting and/or any user accounts that we believe are misusing this service. Prohibited spam, and impermissible marketing activities or news articles in Tack-it may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Posting an ad that is unrelated to the category in which the ad is placed.
- Posting identical ads in the same category and location.
- Posting an ad with inappropriate links, titles, descriptions, or unauthorized use of content to which the person posting does not have rights.
- Posting a multi-level marketing position or other non-traditional job not involving a W2 or 1099.
- Posting an ad for the sole purpose of collecting user information or raising money.
- Posting an ad that contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials. This may include any ad that instructs the user(s) to contact the person/company posting the ad for more information and then require the user to pay a fee for that information.
- Posting a job ad that requires a monetary investment by the user at any time.
- Posting an ad that requires a user to register before getting detailed information about the product or position.
- Posting an ad through unauthorized robots (crawling software).
- Soliciting a Tack-it user to post an ad in another classifieds site.
Tack-it may take corrective action, at our discretion, when prohibited activities or other misuses of the service become apparent, including but not limited to monetary penalties.
Miscellaneous Important Rules
Other Rules Regarding Classified Ads. Additional rules for Tack-it may be posted at various places within Tack-it. Tack-it in its sole discretion may change these rules without notice.
Real Estate. All real estate advertising herein is subject to Tack-it's Terms & Conditions and the Federal Fair Housing Act, which makes it illegal to advertise "any preference, limitation, or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination." Your state or local jurisdiction may impose additional requirements.
Disclaimer of Warranty / Limitation of Liability
You expressly agree that use of this site is at you sole risk. Neither Tack-it, affiliates, sponsors nor any of their respective employees, agents, third party content providers or licensors warrant that the site will be uninterrupted or error free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the site, or from the information contained therein, or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information, service, merchandise, or news article provided through the site.
The site is provided on an 'As Is' and 'Buyer Beware' basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under applicable law. Additionally, there are no warranties as to the results obtained from the use of the site.
This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, inaccuracy, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of this site, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior including strict liability, negligence, or under any other cause of action, to the fullest extent permissible by law. This does not affect any statutory rights which may not be disclaimed. You specifically acknowledge that Tack-it is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third parties over which it has no control.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, in no event shall Tack-it's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action whether in contract, tort (including its own negligence), or under any other legal theory (including strict liability) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this site. This does not affect any statutory rights which may not be disclaimed.
Tack-it's Right To Terminate
Tack-it in its sole discretion, may terminate any classified ad, posting, news article, or user immediately and without notice if (1) Tack-it believes that you have acted inconsistently with the character or the letter of the Terms & Conditions or guidelines, or (2) believes you have violated or tried to violate the rights of others. If you see a listing that violates our rules, please let us know by contacting us or by flagging the posting.
We reserve the right to change or modify these guidelines at any time.
Thank you for your continued support.